Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm a registered user, how do I get new versions of the source code?
- Have you considered a data-aware version of TssResourceAllocationChart?
- Is it possible to show a discontinuous time range?
- How do I install ResourceAllocationChart in recent versions of Embarcadero RAD Studio.?
This section gives example code for some common scenarios. Note: In the code snippets, "RAC" is an instance of TssResourceAllocationChart.
- How to prevent flickering when making many changes.
- How to set the chart date and time range.
- How to add resources to the chart.
- How to change a resource's style and colour.
- How to add an allocation to a resource.
- How to change an allocation's style and colour.
- How to highlight selected allocations.
- How to show a custom hint for allocations.
- How to set the tag property for a resource or allocation.
- How to show different days of the week in different colours.
- How to display the resource name in the allocation.
- How to label the date axis with week numbers.
- How to display custom date/time label text.
- How to display irregular date/time labels.
- How to display owner-draw date/time labels.
- How to persist changes made to an allocation by the user dragging and/or resizing it.
- How to limit the chart to a fixed time span.
- How to limit the dragged/stretched allocations to a fixed chart time span.
- How to ensure dragged/resized allocations always start on the first day of a month and finish on the last day of a month.
- How to ensure dragged/resized allocations always start on the first day of a week and finish on the last day of a week.
- How to add non-standard graphics to the chart.
- How to add extra columns after the resource name.
- How to center a specific allocation in the display.
- How to automatically scroll the chart until a specific allocation is visible.
- How to draw the chart to a metafile.
- How to add an allocation when the user right-clicks on the chart.
- How to auto-scroll the chart when the user drags an allocation past the edge.
- How to click and drag to create a new allocation.
If you can't find the answer to your question here, please post a message in the support forum.