News from 2014
29 September 2014Snapshot has been updated to version 3.1. This has the following change:
- When saving the schedule, save days as integers rather than localised day names, so that locales using non-ANSI character sets don't break it. Note: you will need to re-select the days of your saved schedules after installing this version.
14 August 2014SadMan Software Sudoku is now available in Turkish. The language kit can be downloaded from sudokutr.exe. Note: to be detected by SadMan Software Sudoku, the language files must be installed in the same folder as the Sudoku program (usually C:\Program Files\SadMan Software\Sudoku\.) See the translations page for details of the currently available translations. My thanks to Gökhan Öztürk for creating this translation.
11 August 2014Sudoku has been updated to Version 4.7. This has the following change:
- Changed the order that two kinds of colouring are evaluated. Simple "double-exclusion" is now checked for before "full-chain contradiction", as this is simpler to spot. This probably won't make much difference to most colouring cases.
17 January 2014Sudoku has been updated to Version 4.6. This has the following changes:
- Corrected a minor fault that caused correct numbers to be displayed as incorrect when the puzzle was imported from an OCRed image, and then manually corrected.
- The background colour of pressed buttons on the highlight and effects toolbars is now darker to make it easier to see which buttons are in the down position.
1 January 2014Snapshot has been updated to version 3.0. This has the following changes:
- When saving an image file, it will now delete the image file if it already exists before saving the new one. This is to so that Windows will recognise the new file creation date.
- Snapshot can now also capture the Active Window or a specified region of the screen.
- There is a new scheduler that allows the configuration of multiple schedules. Each schedule will have a start and end time, a fixed interval, and be for one or more specific days.
- It no longer shows a dialog if there is an error. It logs errors to a file in the installation folder, and shows an error icon. This is so the program will continue to operate if it is running on an unmonitored system.
- The image file name can now include the computer name by including a %C place-holder in the file name.
- It can now store the configuration in an ini file so that you can have multiple instances of snapshot running each with their own settings. If Snapshot.ini exists, it will be used in preference to the registry, otherwise the registry will be used as before.
- The source of the configuration is displayed on the main screen. This will either be the registry, or the path to the ini file. If it is a path to an ini file, it will show an ellipsis (...) if the path is too long, in which case the tooltip or hint, will show the full path.
- The minimum snapshot interval is now five seconds.
- The printing of the snapshot has been changed to make it simpler. This change should not make any differences to the printer output.
- Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Online Conversions
- Mandelbrot Explorer
- One Foundation
- Slice 'n' Splice