- Modified the AND NOT option so that it can be used alone to match lines (or files) that do not contain a string.
- Modified the way the filename is passed when opening with an external program, as some programs didn't correctly recognise filenames containing spaces.
- Added the ability to exclude specific folders as well as files. Enter one or more names of the folders to be excluded separated by semi-colons ";".
- Fixed a bug in the filter form that meant a relative date of a number of years wouldn't work as expected.
- Minor bug fix to the file filter form - changing the Modified or Accessed filter values checked the Created date option instead of the Modified or Accessed date options.
- Search will no longer stop working when the trial version expires. Instead, it downgrades to a restricted functionality mode where the number of files, the total number of lines, and the number of matches are all limited.
- Added the ability to check for updates online. A new menu option is displayed when a new version is available.
- Added the ability to collapse/expand all the displayed matches.
- It now reports errors that occur while generating the list of files to search - for example, if the path length exceeds the maximum allowed by Windows.
- This is a re-release of version 4.0 with no functional changes. The application executable is no longer compressed, as compression seemed to result in a minority of virus scanners generating a false detection.
- Handle the error caused by trying to determine the filesize of the locked pagefile.sys. Other locked files don't show the problem.
- Added an option to display the results as they are found instead of only displaying them when the search is complete. This makes the search slightly slower overall, but you may see the result you're looking before it completes. The configuration option is at File -> Preferences -> Options tab -> Show results as they are found
- Corrected a bug that caused the foreground colour of "Other Lines" to be copied to the background colour.
- Added the ability to display a number of additional lines before and/or after each matched line.
- When moving the selection through the search results using the cursor up/down, or page up/down, it now ensures that the selected result is visible within the window.
- Added the ability to select files based on any combination of:
- the file size,
- the created date,
- the last modified date,
- the last accessed date,
- the file attributes - archive, read-only, compressed, system or hidden.
- When using the internal editor, pressing the escape key will hide the find / replace dialog if it is visible.
- Allow searching with a blank file mask, and in this case, use "*.*" to match any file.
- Added the ability to change the font used to show the matched lines.
- Added the ability to change the font used in the internal editor.
- Corrected the omission that the editor didn't use the configured colours to show the matched lines and search strings.
- The main window is set to re-appear in the last position it was used. If it was last displayed on the second screen of a dual-screen system, but then the second screen was removed, this could result in the main window not being visible at all. It is now checked that the main window is on screen at start up.
- Prevented an error message resulting from trying to determine the attributes of files that have been deleted since Search created the file list.
- Added an exclusion file mask to allow specification of files that should be excluded from the search.
- Correct a Windows feature that allows file extensions to match when they shouldn't. For example "search.txt4" should not match "*.txt", but the FindFile Windows API still returns it.
- Changed the display of matched lines so that they are shown indented beneath the matched file, and can be hidden if desired.
- Added built-in file viewer/editor. This can highlight matched lines and search strings.
- Added ability to open a selected file in any of the associated applications.
- Added ability to use regular expressions as the search strings.
- Added ability to search multiple folders - separate folder names with a semi-colon.
- Added ability to drag folders and files to path and file comboboxes.
- Added ability to sort the results on several fields.
- Added optional integration into Windows Explorer shell.
- Added whole-word-only option.
- Added ability to save the search results to a text file.
- Added better handling of Unix style text files.
- Added an option to allow AND / OR / AND NOT across the whole file instead of just individual lines.
- Correct display problem if large fonts are used.
- Allow searching of network drives.
- Hide Quickview menu option if Quickview not available.
- Removed pre-release expiry.
- Copy selected lines to clipboard no longer includes first line unless it is selected.
- Added the "History" function to re-display the results of a previous search.
- Restored the searching animation to its proper size.
- Fixed a bug that prevented corporate licenses from being accepted.
- Added option to search within results and an optional status bar.
- Licensing internals improved.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Copy Selected Lines to Clipboard from working.
- Fully productionised version, with many additional functions.
- Initial release.