29 September 2014 - V3.1
- When saving the schedule, save days as integers rather than localised
day names, so that locales using non-ANSI character sets don't break
it. Note: you will need to re-select the days of your saved schedules
after installing this version.
1 January 2014 - V3.0
- When saving an image file, it will now delete the image file if it
already exists before saving the new one. This is to so that Windows
will recognise the new file creation date.
- Snapshot can now also capture the Active Window or a specified region
of the screen.
- There is a new scheduler that allows the configuration of multiple
schedules. Each schedule will have a start and end time, a fixed
interval, and be for one or more specific days.
- It no longer shows a dialog if there is an error. It logs errors to a
file in the installation folder, and shows an error icon. This is so
the program will continue to operate if it is running on an unmonitored
- The image file name can now include the computer name by including a
%C place-holder in the file name.
- It can now store the configuration in an ini file so that you can have
multiple instances of snapshot running each with their own settings.
If Snapshot.ini exists, it will be used in preference to the registry,
otherwise the registry will be used as before.
- The source of the configuration is displayed on the main screen. This
will either be the registry, or the path to the ini file. If it is a
path to an ini file, it will show an ellipsis (...) if the path is too
long, in which case the tooltip or hint, will show the full path.
- The minimum snapshot interval is now five seconds.
- The printing of the snapshot has been changed to make it simpler. This
change should not make any differences to the printer output.
7 October 2013 - V2.0
- Add the ability to save images in portable network graphics (PNG)
25 July 2012 - V1.9
- This is a minor change to add extra validation to the configuration
form. If multiple monitors are selected to be sent to image files,
force the entry of a monitor number in the image file name. Otherwise,
the snapshot images for all monitors have the same file name, and the
final image will overwrite the earlier ones.
28 December 2011 - V1.8
- In a multi-monitor system, do not fail if monitors are removed while
Snapshot is running.
21 July 2011 - V1.7
- In a multi-monitor system, it allows configuration of the specific
monitors that should be copied.
9 March 2009 - V1.6
- This is a minor update that simply reduces the minimum interval between
snapshots from ten to one second.
12 January 2009 - V1.5
- This is a minor update that merely changes the action performed when
the tool tray icon is double-clicked. In earlier versions, this would
show the main form, but it now takes an immediate snapshot.
9 October 2006 - V1.4
- Some fairly minor changes to bring it more up to date.