What is the grading scheme, how are different grades assigned?
A. This is the grading scheme currently used, although this may change in the future.
- Naked Single only or Hidden Single only (depending upon a configuration option.)
- (NumHiddenSingle > 0) and (NumNakedSingle > 0)
- (NumNakedPairs + NumHiddenPairs + NumBlockBlockInteractions + NumBlockColumnRowInteractions) > 0
- (NumBlockBlockInteractions + NumBlockColumnRowInteractions > 0) and
(NumNakedPairs + NumHiddenPairs > 0)
- (NumXWing + NumXYWing + NumXYZWing + NumXYChain + NumForcingChains + NumColouring + NumNakedTriplets + NumHiddenTriplets) > 0
- Very Hard
- (NumXWing + NumXYWing + NumXYZWing + NumXYChain + NumForcingChains + NumColouring > 1) or
(NumNakedTriplets + NumHiddenTriplets > 2)
- (NumNakedQuads + NumHiddenQuads + NumSwordfish > 0) or
(NumXWing + NumXYWing + NumXYZWing + NumXYChain + NumForcingChains + NumColouring > 2)
- (NumNakedQuads + NumHiddenQuads + NumSwordfish > 1) or
(NumXWing + NumXYWing + NumXYZWing + NumXYChain + NumForcingChains + NumColouring > 4)
- Not Solved
- Trial and error. None of the other techniques can solve the puzzle, and Sudoku can only solve the puzzle using trial and error.
- Screen Shot
- Change History
- User Comments
- Printable Grids
- Solving Techniques
- Support Forum
|What People Say|
I've designed chips, boards, systems, freeware, shareware etc. for over 25 years, and your sudoku software is probably the best shareware application I've ever used. Your application requires absolutely no user manual, it's completely intuitive. Every option I can think of is already there, (e.g. auto create pencil marks!). BTW, the single user license price seems way too low! Thanks again, nice work!
Jory Radke, Oregon