28 October 2013, V3.0
- XChange has now been released as freeware, so it is completely free to download and use.
31 January 2005, V2.7
- Optimised backup file handling for large files - use file rename instead of file copy.
5 November 2003, V2.6
- Added pop-up menu to view and set file attributes and properties.
23 December 2001, V2.5.2
- Prevented a harmless but annoying "range check error" that could occur at start-up in certain circumstances.
10 November 2001, V2.5
- Added whole word only option
- Added repeat function to move strings up and down buttons.
- Repaired the .XC file association.
25 August 2001, V2.4
- Maintain character case when loading from configuration file.
28 July 2001, V2.3.2
- Resolved conflicting short-cut keys.
14 May 2001, V2.3
- Removed control-X to exit application as this clashes with edit-cut.
- Now saves and restores the widths of file/path and find/replace columns.
12 February 2001, V2.2.2
- Closing the legend did not update the registry with its new state.
13 September 2000, V2.2
- Now saves and restores the checked state of the string and file lists.
1 September 2000, V2.1
- Now able to save and reload configuration files.
- Now able to find and replace control codes.
- Moved configuration of preferences to a separate dialog.
26 July 2000, V2.0
- Much improved user interface
1 May 2000, V1.0